Continuing the conversation from the ACMP Regional Conference
|LEGO SERIOUS PLAY in action|
Written by Marianne Boyles and Deirdre Brown.
The ACMP Regional conference was held in Vancouver this year. As proud Vancouverites we were eager to attend and take the opportunity to discover, develop and connect with fellow change practitioners.
- Why conversation? How many a-ha moments have you had through email? Conversation is a unique and wonderful tool which most leaders do not use
- Conversation = Action Conversation during change is one of the key drivers for increasing employee engagement
- Set the intention for conversation - adopt a vocabulary grounded in readiness instead of resistance
|Post co-author Marianne Boyles|
- Personal Process - allow yourself to be a rookie; give yourself the same compassion you give loved ones
- Corporate Process – hone your craft; don’t train like a high school athlete if you are aiming for the Olympics, it takes time!
- In order to grow you must persist through discomfort!
|Post co-author Deirdre Brown|
This session, like so many others during the conference, emphasized the potential for connecting innovation with cross discipline knowledge and approaches to support and enable successful change--a connection we are eager to continue building in our practice and with our ACMP colleagues at future events.